Our mission at Live Well Chiropractic Center is to keep you healthy. Unfortunately, this time of year is particularly hard on our bodies because of the weather, the germs circulating around, and the innate desire in all of us to hunker down, eat lots of comfort foods and stay inside where it’s nice and warm.
Part of maintaining a healthy lifestyle, though, is taking care of yourself and not always giving in to those temptations which can cause you to forgo exercise, healthy eating and other healthy habits. Plus, the sooner you adopt healthy habits, the easier it will be to keep up these lifestyle changes all year long. Even though we can’t be with you every second of every day, what we can do is share our best tips for keeping yourself healthy in between visits.
1. Visit Your Chiropractor With regular chiropractic visits, we can help your body remain in proper alignment, which gives your body its maximum potential to heal itself.
2. Exercise It’s difficult to get up and moving when the weather is cold and your motivation is low. However, according to the Mayo Clinic, exercise not only helps control your weight, but it can also keep you healthy, act as a mood, libido and energy booster, help you sleep better and it’s fun. If you are stuck for a place to exercise, check out these great indoor walking spots.
3. Get Plenty of Sleep Sleep is crucial for good health. Aim to get at least seven to nine hours of sleep a night to ensure better physical and mental health and a better quality of life.
4. Hydrate Experts recommend you drink at least eight cups of water a day. If you have a tough time drinking water, try having a glass when you first wake up, right before you go to bed and before each meal. It can also help to have water with you at all times. If you don’t like the taste, add lemon, cucumber, orange or lime slices. Adding whole or sliced berries also makes for a great tasting glass of water!
5. Eat Your Fruits and Vegetables Experts recommend eating at least five servings of fruits and vegetables a day for optimum health. Sneak spinach into your smoothies, snack on a banana with peanut butter or turn a side salad into a main meal with or without a lean protein on top.
6. Wash Your Hands Hand washing is the number one way to avoid getting sick and spreading germs to others. Remember to wash your hands before you eat, after you go to the bathroom and after you come into contact with other sick people or heavily-populated areas where germs thrive (public transportation, gyms, shopping centers, credit card machines, etc.).
7. Practice Mindfulness Mindfulness is an overarching practice that extends to every part of your well-being. You can do this in the form of meditation, setting aside quiet time, turning off all electronics, spending time in nature or practicing deep breathing.
8. Socialize Being around friends and family in a social setting gives your brain and body a healthy boost and lowers your risk of diseases such as dementia. Enjoy a physical activity or share a healthy meal with someone else and double up on your healthy activities for added benefit.
For more in-person healthy living tips, visit us at Live Well Chiropractic Center. With chiropractic care from our clinic, you can expect to live your healthiest life, no matter the season. Call us today at 513-285-7482 or email email@example.com to schedule your consultation to learn more about the health benefits of our brand of chiropractic care.