Healthy Tips for Elder Individuals
As we get older, our bodies change, so too does our lifestyle and what we need to do to stay healthy. Keeping up with current health trends can sometimes seem like a full-time job, but it doesn’t have to be. Here at Live Well Chiropractic, we’re committed to living an active lifestyle, that’s why we wanted to provide some healthy tips for elder individuals.
Adopting a Healthy Lifestyle
Change comes from within, so the first step in embarking on a healthy lifestyle is deciding that you want to. Since we’re creatures of habit, getting out of our usual, comfortable routines may seem difficult, but it doesn’t have to be. Here are a few things you can do to start leading a healthier lifestyle.
- Quit Smoking– it’s no secret that smoking is bad for you, and can lead to heart disease, cancer, and other health problems. While quitting may seem difficult, there’s a number of aids out available to help people break the habit. Individuals who quit, will start seeing results as your body begins to heal.
- Keeping Active– as we get older, our bodies begin to slow down, that’s why it’s important to stay active. Physical activity can strengthen muscles, improve endurance, and increase flexibility. Try to get in at least 150 minutes of activity a week through aerobics, regular walks, or home and yard work.
- Get Plenty of Sleep– getting plenty of sleep is an important part of healthy living. Regular exercise, positive bedtime rituals, and minimal artificial light will help you avoid waking up in the middle of the night, insomnia, and daytime drowsiness.
- Regular Checkups– scheduling regular visits to the doctor can help improve your quality of living. Screenings and other preventative measures from your healthcare provider can help you take precautionary measures and decide what changes to your lifestyle you may need to make.
- Eating Well– healthy eating habits are essential to the well being of any lifestyle, but are especially important as we get older. Maintaining a healthy weight and good cholesterol helps avoid heart attacks and diseases like diabetes as well as ease pain caused by arthritis.
- Stay Connected– emotional and mental well being is also a key part of living well, that’s why staying connected with members of your family and community are important. Strong relationships and interactions with other individuals help keep the mind healthy and strong.
Healthy Living with Live Well Chiropractic
At Live Well Chiropractic, we’re all about promoting a healthy lifestyle. From pain relief to nutritional support, we offer a wide range of services to help you stay healthy no matter what your age is. So schedule an appointment today and for more great tips on healthy living make sure to like us on Facebook.